Senior management yearns to report positive news and impressive financial results that will please investors, bankers and drive value higher. While most companies act ethically and follow prescribed accounting rules, some take advantage of gray areas in the rules or ignore them altogether in order to portray their financial results in a misleading way.
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Factors that cause people to commit financial statement fraud
- The seven most common ways of "cooking the books"
- Specific corporate scandals which highlight "financial shenanigans"
- Increasing your awareness of possible techniques to detect financial statement irregularities and potential fraud
Field of study: Auditing
- Some audit experience is helpful, but not required.
Training 2 or more people?
Get your team access to 2,543 top CPD On Demand courses anytime, anywhere.